About Us




We continuously look to grow our business. Not necessarily by increasing the size of the building, but by increasing our knowledge, through continuing education. We try to stay up to date with the latest technology so that we can give you, our customers, the best service we can.

Lonsbury Garage was started in its current location by Al Lonsbury in 1951, specializing in truck and trailer repair and towing. Ken Dowell purchased the business from Al Lonsbury in 1971 and kept the name since it was well known and respected in the area.

In 1992 Alan Lockhart, the current owner, purchased the business from Ken Dowell. The shop was given a good cleaning and facelift. New paint, signage, insulation, lighting and interior siding were just some of the improvements made to the interior.

In 1999 a major building program was undertaken and a new service facility was added, expanding the floor space from 2,400 sq ft to 5,500 sq ft. Lifts were added bringing the total number to 6, including one truck lift with a 16,000lb. capacity. Latest up to date diagnostic equipment, including a lab scope, is used to test and diagnose computer controlled vehicle systems.

Repair services offered were expanded from just simple truck repair service to major engine rebuilding, transmission rebuilding, antilock brakes, air brakes, steering, suspension, air conditioning, computer engine control diagnostics and repair on automobiles in addition to trucks. Diesel engine diagnostics on the latest electronic diesel pick-ups was also included. Foreign car repair and diagnostics are also offered and factory recommended services are performed to maintain O.E.M. warranties on new cars, domestic and imports.

Our employees are continually attending up-to-date training classes to stay on the cutting edge of technology. We are the leading independent auto repair facility in the Angola area.